GöteborgBIO is a joint project between national and regional players. It aims to create a solid base for long-term growth in the biomedical field within the region.
GöteborgBIO has the following function:
- Reinforcing the commercial turnover as a result of research and development within the three focus areas biomaterials (including tissue engineering and cell therapy), cardiovascular and metabolic diseases and health technology.
- Developing and reinforcing the infrastructure for the commercial development of projects within biomedicine - Sahlgrenska Science Park.
- Educating and training future leaders in business creation and entrepreneurship through practical work with real life projects - Entrepreneurship in Life Science (ELS) (formerly known as GIBBS)
- Attracting both expertise and capital to the biomedical field within the region.
- Networking and communication